Location, location, location still counts, but in the new era of the digital office, change is a constant. The race goes to the most nimble, and businesses that can adapt their office environments on the fly have the advantage when it comes to keeping overhead in check. Inc. Magazine’s review of office design trends highlights the moves toward flexibility that forward-thinking businesses are making.
- Storage is visible and stylish. (See our earlier post on this topic)
- Workspaces are unassigned.
- Cubicles are out; mobile dividers are in. (More on this here)
These three trends in particular can have a positive effect on your bottom line, providing efficiencies in space utilization that save on real estate, furnishings, and build-out. Inc. Magazine also listed a few trends that tie directly to the employee experience:
- staff lounges that are truly lounge-able
- bringing the outdoors indoors
- turning visible vents and conduits into a design feature
Collectively, all these design trends make for a office space that functions well on every level: physically, visually, psychologically, and financially – and those are rules we can all live with!
Photo © inarik– Fotolia